The Surrealistic Summer Solstice Jam will combine the Music of 1967 directed by Dan “Lebo” Lebowitz with a projected light art installation by Illuminate and Obscura Digital on the San Francisco Conservatory of Flowers!
Music will start around 6:00pm and include performances by: Lebo, Roger McNamee, Pete Sears, Barry Sless, John Molo, Lester Chambers, Dylan Chambers, Barry Melton, David Freiberg, Linda Imperial, Norman Greenbaum, Jack Casady, Dave Getz, Peter Albin, Darby Gould, David LaFlamme, Linda LaFlamme, Melvin Seals, Steve Kimock, Jay Lane, Greg Loiacono, Lech Wierzynski, Johnny Bones, Steve Adams, Mark Karan, RonKat, Lesley Grant, Paula Frazer, Grahame Lesh, Jason Crosby, Alex Jordan, and Joli Valenti!
- Grand lighting will begin at approximately 9:15pm.
- Bring the whole family to this FREE, kid friendly event!
- A variety of food trucks from Off the Grid will be available. Munchies anyone?
- The Conservatory is encouraging attendees to wear tie-dye to evoke the late 60s!
- Facebook users can add this event to their profile HERE.
No ticket is needed, but making reservations are strongly encouraged HERE
Three special Moonalice Posters, (pictured below) designed by artists Alexandra Fischer, John Mavroudis, and Darrin Brenner, will be handed out after this event! Please, be mindful and take only one copy of each poster so there will be enough to go around for everyone.
If you’re coming to enjoy the Grand Lighting and Surrealistic Summer Solstice Concert at Conservatory of Flowers, please note the following:
- The following items are not allowed at the event:
- No Tents, Canopies, Tables, or other structures
- No Unpermitted Vendors
- No Coolers larger than 9” x 12”
- No Barbecues or cooking equipment
- No Amplified Sound Equipment
- No Generators
- No Glass
- No Backpacks larger than 9″ x 12″
Public Transportation: Is strongly encouraged to the event. The closest MUNI bus to the event is the 5 Fulton which runs until the event ends and beyond. You can catch the bus at Fulton Street and 6th Ave. Click here for Bus Schedule Or Plan Your Travel with Public Transit: www.511.org
Parking: Golden Gate Park’s Music Concourse Parking Lot: entrance at Fulton Street and 10th Ave – Parking will be open until 11 pm to accommodate for the event. Cars can enter at Fulton Street and 10th or at Lincoln near the Academy of Science. For maps how to enter click here. Cost is a flat $17.
Street Closures: starting 5AM Wednesday, June 21st until 9AM Thursday, June 22nd the following streets will be closed to vehicles traffic:
– JFK Drive between Kezar Drive and 8th Ave
– Nancy Pelosi Drive between JFK Drive and Bowling Green Drive
– Arguello Street at Fulton Street (entrance into Golden Gate Park)
Lebo, Musical Director (ALO)
Moonalice (Roger McNamee, Pete Sears, Barry Sless, John Molo)
Lester & Dylan Chambers (The Chambers Bros)
David Freiberg and Linda Imperial (Quicksilver Messenger Service)
Jack Casady (Jefferson Airplane, Hot Tuna)
Dave Getz, Peter Albin and Darby Gould (Big Brother & The Holding Company)
David and Linda LaFlamme (It’s A Beautiful Day)
Melvin Seals (JGB)
Jay Lane (RatDog), Doobie Decibel System)
Greg Loiacono (Mother Hips)
Lech Wierzynski & Johnny Bones (California Honeydrops)
Steve Adams (ALO, Nicki Bluhm & The Gramblers)
Mark Karan (RatDog)
RonKat and Lesley Grant (Katdelic)
Paula Frazer (Tarnation)
Grahame Lesh & Jason Crosby (Terrapin Family Band)
Alex Jordan (Midnight North)