The BandMoonalice is a band of seasoned musicians who feel that live music should be a communal experience where the listener and musicians feed and derive inspiration from each other. Their songs try to speak to everyone, mixing a variety of genres with extended musical improvisations that evoke a sense of adventure and exploration. John Molo: Drums, Vocals (Bruce Hornsby & The Range, John Fogerty, Phil Lesh & Friends, The Other Ones). Barry Sless: Lead Guitar, Pedal Steel Guitar, Bass (Phil Lesh & Friends, David Nelson Band, Kingfish, Cowboy Jazz). Roger McNamee: Rhythm Guitar, Vocals, Bass Guitar. (Guff, The Engineers, Random Axes, Flying Other Brothers) Pete Sears: Keyboards, Guitar, Vocals, Bass (Sam Gopal Dream, Rod Stewart, original Jefferson Starship, Hot Tuna, John Lee Hooker). Big Steve Parish: Road Scholar, Medicine Man, Story Teller. (Grateful Dead crew for 26 years, co-founder of Jerry Garcia Band)
- Moonalice’s first show was in May, 2007.
- Moonalice’s single, “It’s 4:20 Somewhere” has been downloaded more than 825,000 times.
- Moonalice invented the Twittercast concert, broadcasting links in near real time for live concerts and at random times for past shows.
- The band has done 101 Twittercast concerts.
- Moonalice is the first band to Mooncast live video of all of its concerts.
- Having broadcast nearly all 2010 shows to PCs and Macs, the band has upgraded to first band-operated satellite-based HTML system that enables High Definition live video to smartphones and iPads WITHOUT an app!