Born in California May 1987, Jennaé Bennett aka Je Noodle, has been creating visual work since a very young age.
At the age of four, she experienced a short-term loss of vision from the removal of a hemangioma between her eyes, which in turn triggered a passion for manifesting imagery from her imagination. Already infatuated with art supplies, the purpose of the tools became medicinal and served as keys to a colorful future.
As a visual artist, imagination activist, musician, and poet she has worked with many different mediums. Due to being extremely passionate about traveling and performing live art during music events, a majority of her visual work consists of acrylic paint on canvas/recycled instruments/drumheads and hand-drawn illustrations/poster art.
Her live art performances or “experiments”, are of an improvised nature. The imagery evolves straight from the energy and sounds that surround her while the event is taking place. The process is based on the idea of sound → color synesthesia. As music is considered an audio therapy, she is hoping to bring a type of visual therapy for those experiencing the development of the piece, allowing the viewers to tap in, activate their imagination, and escape from daily stressors.
At the age of 16, Jennaé began these “live experiments” with friends bands as a type of art therapy in hopes to alleviate her vertigo due to post-concussion syndrome, as well as access the subconscious for deeper visions.
She then received her art degree at UC Santa Cruz to pursue an Art Therapy license in order to help others cope with trauma. However, when she started to realize her work had already begun functioning as a healing tool for others when performing these “live experiments” in public places, she decided to refrain from the Art Therapy Masters program. Her mission then became to dedicate all her time to performing and creating art that would inspire and present the idea of infinite possibilities of artistic healing.noodleartifacts.com
Moonalice posters by Jennaé Bennett
- M813 › 4/19/15 Gathering of the Tribe at Slim’s, San Francisco, CA poster by Jennaé Bennett
- M885 › 1/9/16 The Sitzmark at Alyeska Resort, Girdwood, AK poster by Jennaé Bennett
- M909 › 4/20/16 420 Gathering of the Tribe, Slim’s, San Francisco, CA poster by Jennaé Bennett
- M923 › 6/29/16 Union Square Live, San Francisco, CA poster by Jennaé Bennett
- M962 › 4/20/17 420 Gathering of the Tribe, Slim’s, San Francisco, CA poster by Jennaé Bennett
- M982 › 5/12/17 In Memory of Dave Hunter at Great American Music Hall, San Francisco, CA poster by Jennaé Bennett
- M1039 › 4/20/18 420 Gathering of the Tribe, Slim’s, San Francisco, CA poster by Jennaé Bennett
- M1047 › 5/20/18 Chico Women’s Club, Chico, CA poster Jennaé Bennett
- M1068 › 8/2/18 Moraga Commons Park, Moraga, CA poster by Jennaé Bennett
- M1110 › 4/20/19 420 Gathering of the Tribe, Slim’s, San Francisco, CA poster by Jennaé Bennett
- M1146 › 10/18/19 Drom, New York, NY poster by Jennaé Bennett
- M11xx › 5/30/20 Redwood Mountain Faire, Felton, CA poster by Jennaé Bennett
Roger McNamee posters by Jennaé Bennett
- R129 › 7/20/19 Ain’t Necessarily Dead Fest, Auburn Regional Park, Auburn, CA poster by Jennaé Bennett
Art & Political posters by Jennaé Bennett
- 9/16 Protect the Plants poster by Jennaé Bennett
- P16 › 5/11/20 Coronavirus poster by Jennaé Bennett