June 26, 2015 Sweetwater Music Hall, Mill Valley, California
Moonalice poster by Chris Shaw
According to Moonalice legend, the past two days have seen the first signs of intelligent life on the Supreme Court in several years. We played here at Sweetwater both days. Could it be a coincidence? We think not! Yesterday, the Nine Wise Souls decided not to take health insurance away from six million Americans. They also ruled in favor of fair housing for all. Today, they ruled that any couple in America can get married. Those decisions will help many people in this room, as well as many of our friends and millions of deserving people we don’t even know. We bring this up because tomorrow the surviving members of the Grateful Dead will play the first of five Fare Thee Well concerts, celebrating a band and a life style built on a foundation of tolerance. Tolerance is what makes civilization possible … and we hope these Supreme Court decisions are the beginning of a new era. As tonight’s brilliant poster by our art director Chris Shaw illustrates, its now okay to marry a fly to a skull. We know it should have happened long ago, but at last the fly and skull can be happy.
|Performers:||Moonalice, Jason Crosby and Friends, Doobie Decibel System|
|Venue:||Sweetwater Music Hall|
|City, State:||Mill Valley, California|
|Date:||June 26, 2015|
|Dimensions:||12.75 in. x 17.25 in.|
- Live: Pre-Dead Sold out show.
- Jason Crosby’s Friends: Lebo, Jay Lane, Cochrane McMillan, Shana Morrison, Reed Mathis, Reid Genauer, Dave Diamond, John Leccese, Pete Sears, Roger McNamee
- Lori Rowan sang and played guitar on Day Tripper > Satisfaction
- First part of Not Fade Away included a medley of Grateful Dead riffs, including Dark Star, Scarlet Begonias, China Cat Sunflower and several others
- Listed in the art database at ExpressoBeans.com.
- Watch this show in HD at Moonalice.com.