April 20, 2013 Slim’s, San Francisco, California
Moonalice poster by Dennis Larkins
According to Moonalice legend, our artists have created fifteen posters for tonight’s 4/20 show, each describing a different aspect of the Moonalice legend.
This lovely set includes posters by Carolyn Ferris, Darrin Brenner, David Singer, Dennis Loren, Dennis Larkins, Dave Hunter, Lauren Yurkovich, Stanley Mouse, Lee Conklin, Ron Donovan, Wes Wilson, Alexandra Fischer, Wendy Wright, John Mavroudis, and John Seabury.
The poster by Wes Wilson depicts Chief Waldo Moonalice of the San Rafael Moonalices. Chief Waldo was a community leader of the finest kind. Waldo’s leadership skills emerged in high school, where each day he led his classmates in a ritual smoke at the statue of Louis Pasteur. Originally known as a 4:20 Louis, that ritual evolved into the high holy day that we celebrate here tonight.
Total Downloads: 2,823,000 downloads
Credits: Ann McNamee, GE Smith, Anonymous, Roger McNamee
Huge thanks to the people who made it happen:
- Dave Way, who recorded and mixed it.
- Jon Luini, who created our website
- Gail Barnes, who promoted it on social networks
- Paula Batson, who promoted it everywhere else
- And our amazing crew.
|City, State:||San Francisco, California|
|Date:||April 20, 2013|
|Dimensions:||12.75 in. x 17.25 in.|
- 420 Tribal Pow-Wow.
- Panel Number One (of Five) in Dream Puzzle.
- One of 15 posters in the 420 Tribal Pow-Wow 2013 set
- Listed in the art database at ExpressoBeans.com.
- Watch this show in HD at Moonalice.com.
- Original Art: Painted three-dimensional relief on panels “Seeds of Change” by Dennis Larkins