October 7, 2018 Hardly Strictly Bluegrass, Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, California
Moonalice poster by Carolyn Ferris
We believe the women.
According to Moonalice legend, the majority of Americans are struggling with the ever uglier consequences of the 2016 presidential election. We will not pretend there is a silver lining to this nightmare, but we do have five posters for you today. Two of them are get-out-the-vote posters by John Mavroudis, whose art is on the cover of Time magazine this week. As John’s art reminds us, if we want to restore democracy, we have to bust our butts, get out the vote, and force major changes in Congress. Chris Shaw’s poster reminds us that ugly ducklings — even ducklings as ugly as this country is right now — can become beautiful swans. But for countries there is no guarantee. All we have is our vote and we will only have that if we use it.
|Venue:||Hardly Strictly Bluegrass, Golden Gate Park|
|City, State:||San Francisco, California|
|Date:||October 7, 2018|
|Dimensions:||12.75 in. x 17.25 in.|
- Listed in the art database at ExpressoBeans.com.
- One of three posters created for the event. (M1080, M1081, M1082)
- “VOTE: Dr. Ford’s Call” poster by John Mavroudis was handed out.
- This was a Moonalice 5 show, with Jason Crosby on keys and fiddle. Lorin Rowan sang harmony on Across the Universe, Times They Are A-Changin’, and Not Fade Away.
- Watch this show in HD at Moonalice.com.
This Sunday, October 7, 2018, receive a copy of this psychedelic @Moonalice poster by @CarolynFerris Ferris at @HSBFest in Golden Gate Park! One of five posters that will be handed out after the show. https://t.co/lM2RpI0ne9 Showtime: 12:20pm Swan Stage M1081 #HSB18 #gigposter pic.twitter.com/0DnUqBrlX9
— Carolyn Ferris (@CarolynFerris) October 6, 2018