- This event has passed.
Moonalice 8/9/19 SF Giants Grateful Dead Tribute Night, Oracle Park, San Francisco, CA
August 9, 2019 @ 4:45 pm – 7:30 pm PDT
Friday, August 9th vs. Phillies
The San Francisco Giants invite you to join us for an exclusive VIP event honoring the legacy of one of the most influential bands of all time, the Grateful Dead! On the 24th anniversary of Jerry Garcia’s passing, we will be hosting a one-of-a-kind event that will rock the ballpark.
Your VIP ticket package includes:
- Lower Box ticket to the Friday night game against the Philadelphia Phillies
- Access to the Triples Alley VIP party space from 4:45-6:45pm
- Complimentary food and beverage (beer and wine included)
- Access to on-field warning track
- Special event Grateful Dead giveaway item, plus the exclusive Grateful Dead VIP item
- Musical performance by Moonalice
All attendees will receive a FREE limited edition art poster commemorating the event designed by Chris Shaw!
San Francisco Giants
Moonalice is a band of seasoned musicians who feel that live music should be ra communal experience where the listener and musicians feed and derive inspiration from each other. Their songs try to speak to everyone, mixing a variety of genres with extended musical improvisations that evoke a sense of adventure and exploration. They invented Twittercast concerts, which are free broadcasts to fans over social networks. Their single, “It’s 4:20 Somewhere” has been downloaded more than 5 million times. They broadcast every show live via satellite in HD, so that fans can enjoy them on their iPhone, iPad or Android without an app.
* Pete Sears: Bass, Keyboards, Guitar, Vocals (Sam Gopal Dream, Rod Stewart, Jefferson Starship, Jerry Garcia, Hot Tuna, John Lee Hooker, David Nelson Band, Phil Lesh & Friends).
* John Molo: Drums, Vocals. (Bruce Hornsby & The Range, John Fogerty, Phil Lesh & Friends, The Other Ones, David Nelson Band).
* Barry Sless: Lead Guitar, Pedal Steel Guitar, Bass. (Phil Lesh & Friends, David Nelson Band, Kingfish, Cowboy Jazz).
* Roger McNamee: Rhythm Guitar, Vocals, Bass. (Guff, The Engineers, Random Axes, Flying Other Brothers)
* Big Steve Parish: Road Scholar/Medicine Man/Storyteller. (Grateful Dead crew for 26 years, co-founder of Jerry Garcia Band
At every Moonalice show, guests receive a unique poster commemorating the event.