- This event has passed.
Moonalice 10/6/19 Hardly Strictly Bluegrass
October 6, 2019 @ 11:30 am – 1:00 pm PDT
All attendees will receive a FREE limited edition art poster commemorating the event!
Hardly Strictly Bluegrass
Moonalice is a band of seasoned musicians who feel that live music should be a communal experience where the listener and musicians feed and derive inspiration from each other. Their songs try to speak to everyone, mixing a variety of genres with extended musical improvisations that evoke a sense of adventure and exploration. They invented Twittercast concerts, which are free broadcasts to fans over social networks. Their single, “It’s 4:20 Somewhere” has been downloaded more than 5 million times. They broadcast every show live via satellite in HD, so that fans can enjoy them on their iPhone, iPad or Android without an app.
* Pete Sears: Bass, Keyboards, Guitar, Vocals (Sam Gopal Dream, Rod Stewart, Jefferson Starship, Jerry Garcia, Hot Tuna, John Lee Hooker, David Nelson Band, Phil Lesh & Friends).
* John Molo: Drums, Vocals. (Bruce Hornsby & The Range, John Fogerty, Phil Lesh & Friends, The Other Ones, David Nelson Band).
* Barry Sless: Lead Guitar, Pedal Steel Guitar, Bass. (Phil Lesh & Friends, David Nelson Band, Kingfish, Cowboy Jazz).
* Roger McNamee: Rhythm Guitar, Vocals, Bass. (Guff, The Engineers, Random Axes, Flying Other Brothers)
* Jason Crosby: Keyboards, Violin, Vocals (Phil Lesh, Bob Weir, Eric Clapton, Carlos Santana, Dave Matthews, Pete Seeger, Jenny Lewis)
* Big Steve Parish: Road Scholar/Medicine Man/Storyteller. (Grateful Dead crew for 26 years, co-founder of Jerry Garcia Band
In the past, Moonalice also included G.E. Smith, Jack Casady, Jim Sanchez and Ann McNamee.
Get the HSB App
At every Moonalice show, guests receive a unique poster commemorating the event.