November 1, 2019 @ 7:00 pm – 11:30 pm
All attendees will receive a FREE limited edition art poster commemorating the event with Cubensis.
Moonalice is a band of seasoned musicians who feel that live music should be ra communal experience where the listener and musicians feed and derive inspiration from each other. Their songs try to speak to everyone, mixing a variety of genres with extended musical improvisations that evoke a sense of adventure and exploration. They invented Twittercast concerts, which are free broadcasts to fans over social networks. Their single, “It’s 4:20 Somewhere” has been downloaded more than 5 million times. They broadcast every show live via satellite in HD, so that fans can enjoy them on their iPhone, iPad or Android without an app.
* Pete Sears: Bass, Keyboards, Guitar, Vocals (Sam Gopal Dream, Rod Stewart, Jefferson Starship, Jerry Garcia, Hot Tuna, John Lee Hooker, David Nelson Band, Phil Lesh & Friends).
* John Molo: Drums, Vocals. (Bruce Hornsby & The Range, John Fogerty, Phil Lesh & Friends, The Other Ones, David Nelson Band).
* Barry Sless: Lead Guitar, Pedal Steel Guitar, Bass. (Phil Lesh & Friends, David Nelson Band, Kingfish, Cowboy Jazz).
* Roger McNamee: Rhythm Guitar, Vocals, Bass. (Guff, The Engineers, Random Axes, Flying Other Brothers)
* Big Steve Parish: Road Scholar/Medicine Man/Storyteller. (Grateful Dead crew for 26 years, co-founder of Jerry Garcia Band
In the past, Moonalice also included G.E. Smith, Jack Casady, Jim Sanchez and Ann McNamee.
Since 1987, Los Angeles-based band Cubensis has carried the torch in celebration of one of America’s most beloved touring bands, the Grateful Dead. Cubensis sets out to re-create the Grateful Dead experience by emulating the spirit of Jerry Garcia, Bob Weir, Phil Lesh, and the rest of the legendary San Francisco jam band. Cubensis plays complete shows covering all eras of the Grateful Dead, and no night is ever the same. Cubensis is far more than just your standard cover band as they bring the magic and sounds to those longing for the live vibe that only the Grateful Dead was able to deliver.
Cubensis performs its critically acclaimed live performance of Grateful Dead show recreations to audiences and venues all over the western United States. Giving homage in a continually evolving artistic outlet, the band recreates the Grateful Dead experience with compelling accuracy. Like the Dead, the band explores and searches out all the possibilities of the music.
The group has been acclaimed for giving new life to the Grateful Dead’s material, bringing in new styles, new innovations, and new jam band enthusiasts, while at the same time remaining loyal to the original music and the original fans. With Cubensis, the band is more likely to go off and do a little exploration on its own terms, which is a more authentic experience than trying too hard to re-create something that was done a long time ago by people who invented it.