- This event has passed.
Moonalice 11/9/19 The Odd Fellows Lodge, Auburn, CA
November 9 @ 6:30 pm – 11:30 pm PST
All attendees will receive a FREE limited edition art poster commemorating the event by artist Alexandra Fischer.
With Poor Man’s Whiskey, & special guests T Sisters and New Chambers Brothers
Link to Moonalice.comhttps://www.moonalice.com/tour/2019-11-09/odd-fellows-lodge
Poster ArtistAlexandra Fischer
WithPoor Man's Whiskey
Moonalice is a band of seasoned musicians who feel that live music should be ra communal experience where the listener and musicians feed and derive inspiration from each other. Their songs try to speak to everyone, mixing a variety of genres with extended musical improvisations that evoke a sense of adventure and exploration. They invented Twittercast concerts, which are free broadcasts to fans over social networks. Their single, “It’s 4:20 Somewhere” has been downloaded more than 5 million times. They broadcast every show live via satellite in HD, so that fans can enjoy them on their iPhone, iPad or Android without an app.
* Pete Sears: Bass, Keyboards, Guitar, Vocals (Sam Gopal Dream, Rod Stewart, Jefferson Starship, Jerry Garcia, Hot Tuna, John Lee Hooker, David Nelson Band, Phil Lesh & Friends).
* John Molo: Drums, Vocals. (Bruce Hornsby & The Range, John Fogerty, Phil Lesh & Friends, The Other Ones, David Nelson Band).
* Barry Sless: Lead Guitar, Pedal Steel Guitar, Bass. (Phil Lesh & Friends, David Nelson Band, Kingfish, Cowboy Jazz).
* Roger McNamee: Rhythm Guitar, Vocals, Bass. (Guff, The Engineers, Random Axes, Flying Other Brothers)
* Big Steve Parish: Road Scholar/Medicine Man/Storyteller. (Grateful Dead crew for 26 years, co-founder of Jerry Garcia Band
In the past, Moonalice also included G.E. Smith, Jack Casady, Jim Sanchez and Ann McNamee.
About Poor Man’s Whiskey
PMW has become a favorite at the “Foothill Fillmore” in Auburn CA – over the years, legendary shows have been played here, often for the very first time – Tributes to the Eagles, Pink Floyd, Old & In the Way, Paul Simon, Almond Brothers Beatles – songs have been written (Keep Smilin’ Auburn)…. Of course for the crowd the originals may be the highlights – who knows, one way or another PMW has become part of the “Family”. It is bitter sweet as the band has decided to take a break, what will become of the band no one knows for sure “break up” is not in the language – maybe Sabbatical, hiatus or siesta would be more appropriate – what I do know is we are going to one heck of a “going away party” – and a Party it will be!! – Lots more to come on this, as past attendees know, Magic Happens!! –
At every Moonalice show, guests receive a unique poster commemorating the event.